Blackburne House is located on the east side of Hope Street in Liverpool, was originally built in 1788 as the private residence of a wealthy salt refiner called John Blackburne, it was designated as a world heritage site in 1975 gaining its’ Grade II listing and is now used as a training and resource centre for women.
Cunard Construction were appointed as the main contractor to carry out refurbishment and upgrade works throughout various parts of the building, including classroom areas and a new state of the art Bistro. DJH Electrical were employed by Cunard Construction to carry out the all the electrical and data systems for the contract.
DJH Electrical were instructed to install, terminate and certify approx. 150 data points for which we also installed all containment to the specified locations. We install the new Bistro area lighting, power and containment, along with new external lighting and power, all these works were tested and inspected and we produced all relevant certification that were handed over to our client once our works were all completed.
This was a tricky project for a number of reasons, the building was occupied for the duration of our works, so we had to work to strict health and safety rules to minimise any disruption on the building residents, we even worked “out of hours” on the new Bistro area as to complete our works to our contracted time scales. The building being Grade II listed also brought us new challenges, we had to plan our works in conjunction with other trades so not to impact on the beautiful building in which we were working.
Our client was very pleased with our works and the efforts we put into this project and has since awarded us another project for The Blackburne House Group 68 Falkner Street, Liverpool, we are very much looking forward to work with Cunard Construction on another equally challenging project.